Schedule

Saturday, October 20, 2012

Crazy busy and a look at my Center Tasks

Wow, what a week!  I had a workshop session with Cathy Collins on Tuesday, a field trip to a KinderConcert and some field work to Harvest Hill Farm (Pumpkin Land) on Friday.  Then next week is conference time.  Phew!

Our school as adapted the Teacher's College Reader's Workshop model.  We have spent the past three years working on this model with the help of Cathy Collins.  She has been coming to our school and modeling reading lessons.  So many wonderful ideas.  She has a great book called Growing Readers.




Now  for a look at what I have planned for my center task this week.  This week is more of an October theme.

For my Math Center I found this great freebie from Kelly's Kindergarten in her October centers:

http://www.kellyskindergarten.com/Monthly%20Centers/October/Octoberindex.htm
Spider Count
Print spider webs and have children use plastic spiders (Dollar Tree) to create matching sets.

Writing Center Task:
Another freebie Spider Roll ‘n’ Write from Love Luck and Laughter
grab it here

Phonic Center:
I created this Pumpkin Rhyming activity that my students can play as a memory game or just match them up.
 
Check it out here.

And lastly my Art Center 
A cutting practice activity from DLTK



No comments:

Post a Comment