Schedule

Friday, October 5, 2012

Learning to blog and a freebie

I finally have found the time to get back to my beginning blog and post an update.  I'm hoping as I get into a routine that I will be able to share my teaching with others regularly.  I so enjoy seeing what other  teachers are doing and seeing all the wonderful teaching going on.  I take a lot of what I see and adapt it to my own teachings.

This year I've been taking what I have done in the past and updating the way I present it.  My first update was with our kindergarten high frequency word rings.  I wanted to add a little bit more to give them a fun twist.  So I thought that making their words  like a train would be fun and adding a writing part to it (they trace the word that gets added to their ring).  In our district K has up to 25 words to learn, but we always find that most can keep going.  So I created 200 high frequency train cards.

The way it works: I meet with with each of my students and start with list one.  I cut apart the cards.  Hole punch a hole in the corner and add it to a ring.  They then trace over the words and practice reading them.  Once they can read all the words on their ring, I mark the date on a check sheet and give them the next list.  These word rings are kept in a reading bag for them to bring back and forth to school.  I hoping to post pictures soon.

You can grab it for free right here:




No comments:

Post a Comment