Schedule

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Pumpkins

Check out my new pumpkin beginning sound write the room center.  In my class I have four rotating task centers.  Each day my kids complete one of the centers.  I have a math, writing, phonics and art/fine motor center.  By Friday (since they have worked so hard)  I give them free choice with free play, such as, blocks, i-pads, board games, etc. 

 I've been on kick this year with updating and giving my centers a theme.  This week I had a fire safety theme and next week I'm planning a pumpkin theme.  I want each task that the kids do to be a review or practice for what we have been learning.  This years group of kids are flying and ready to focus on beginning sounds.  Most kids have all their sounds down so I wanted to give them lots of practice with saying words slowly and listening for that first sound, but then be able to write the letter that makes that sound.  This will be used in my writing center.  You can check it out at mt TPT store




No comments:

Post a Comment